GLOBAL COMPREHENSIVE CANCER NETWORK SOUGHT TO HIGHLIGHT ITS STATUS AS ONE OF THE COUNTRY’S TOP PROVIDERS OF PSMA PET THERANOSTICS
Founded in Australia, GenesisCare moved aggressively into the U.S.market by acquiring 21st Century Oncology in 2020. The deal gaveGenesisCare more than 300 locations in the U.S., mostly in areas that were not served by large urban hospitals or academic medical centers. GenesisCare sought to leverage their global network of thousands of physicians and extensive clinical research program to provide academic-level care at community clinics close to where patients live.
During their first years in the U.S. market, GenesisCare faced a number of challenges that called for a strategic public relations effort:
- The COVID-19 pandemic, which emerged just as the 21st CenturyOncology deal was closing, severely impacted health care providers. Many people avoided getting regular cancer screenings, and existing treatment plans had to be modified or delayed.
- GeneisisCare faced fierce competition from rival integrated cancer care networks with similar value propositions and well-established brands buttressed by highly visible advertising and marketing efforts.
- Mounting financial pressures due to debt service, inflation and disappointing earnings led to negative media coverage that tarnished GenesisCare’s brand and reputation.
Media Frenzy Global developed and executed a PR plan designed to position GenesisCare and their physicians as both credible authorities and trusted caregivers.
This was a two-fold approach: thought leadership on a national level, and patient-focused story-telling on a local level.
National opportunities offering GenesisCare physicians as experts were plentiful, but devising a strategy to deliver impactful PR to the local markets proved to be more challenging.
Thus, Media Frenzy Global created a plan and process for generating positive local PR:
- Improve engagement with regional marketing managers
- Develop compelling patient stories in each market
- Highlight local key opinion leaders
- Bring home national news stories